A Premium Conversion Focused WordPress Application
“If your website is struggling to make sales or develop leads… a Thrive Themes membership package is a must use tool for your business”
David Caruso, Leading International Business Marketing Speaker
WATCH A FREE TRAINING WEBINAR
Take Your Website from Zero to Hero with These 5 Short-Cuts (+ Case Studies)
What You’ll Discover in this Training Webinar:
- The fastest way to optimize any website, following the 80/20 principle.
- The hacks and short cuts to get more subscribers for your mailing lists.
- The most important step to building a large, highly engaged audience (almost everyone gets this WRONG!)
Thrive Themes began in 2013 by marketing expert Shane Melaugh and developer Paul McCarthy.
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes & plugins for WordPress. The company’s aim is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you build a website and start converting visitors into leads and customers.
Thrive Themes Options
The team at Thrive Themes allow each theme or plugin to be purchased individually, or you can opt to join a Thrive Membership package which will allow you access to all of their themes and plugins.
On this review page, we will uncover what inside the Thrive Membership package.
What products are included in the Thrive Themes membership package?
Thrive have recently announced that all of Thrive themes will be replaced with a single customized theme builder, which will allow for a deeper level of page customization.
The current ten WordPress themes in the range will continued to be supported
Thrive Themes are built for fast browser loading, clarity and readability. Thrive places its emphasis on smart conversion elements over ineffective design gimmicks.
Some of the themes are designed in a magazine-style format whilst others are created to focus on selling products and services. There are WordPress themes to suit individuals, small businesses, as well as larger organizations.
Thrive Themes have a few standard features in all their themes that are beneficial to your business endeavours:
- Focus Areas – These highlight the offers that are most relevant to your website visitors, so you get more clicks which consequently lead to more leads and sales.
- Landing Page Template – Landing pages that have their header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else removed so not to distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins – From social sharing buttons, optimized image galleries, related posts, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator – With just a few clicks create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more.
Thrive WordPress Plugins
There are currently x8 WordPress plugins in the range:
- Thrive Architect – Comes with 150+ landing page templates for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more. Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the modern visual editor.
- Thrive Leads – Build your mailing list by creating and designing every type of opt-in form, A/B tests and more.
- Thrive Clever Widgets – Based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules you can display different content in your widget areas.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer – Test different headlines and have only the highest performing ones over time show on page.
- Thrive Ultimatum – Run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns, add countdown timers, and much more.
- Thrive Ovation – Collect and display customer testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder – Create and run a viral style quiz to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments – Boost engagement with this conversion focused comments plugin.
Thrive has a professional centralized dashboard inside the WordPress admin area where you will be able to manage and configure various settings for the Thrive product suite.
The upper part of the Thrive Dashboard will expand as you utilise more Thrive products.
Each product in the Dashboard has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Support Forum (more on this later) & Knowledge Base inside the members’ area:
5 Featured Based Reasons To Buy Thrive Themes
- API Connections – Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts – Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons – Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings – Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager – Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
What’s inside a Thrive Themes membership area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video:
- Thrive are great at producing step by step videos. And once inside the membership area you get a quick video tour of how to navigate around.
- Directly underneath the welcome video is a listing of all the themes and plugins.
- For every Thrive Themes plugin you have quick access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
- For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
- On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
- Members home: The members home option takes you back to the main member homepage wherever you are currently at.
- My account & license keys: This page provides all the details of your Thrive account including invoices and contact information. You’ll also find your license key details, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
- Thrive University: Thrive University launched in 2016 is a platform to access all of their training, guides and course material in one simple interface. Although not exclusive to the Thrive Membership package as anyone can create an account to access this valuable content. For members though it is easily accessed from the membership dashboard. The developers of Thrive contribute to an excellent blog where they share loads of vital information as well as continual product updates. For eg, they run a training series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they step by step show you how you can emulate successful landing pages using their Landing Page plugin. Inside the University you’ll find guides and courses that will help you develop better landing pages, build an engaging contact list, create great content and much more.
- Product Tutorials: The Product Tutorials page provides a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin. When you click on a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individual video tutorials.
- Knowledge Base: The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
- Thrive Knowledge Base: You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
- Thrive Knowledge Base Search Bar: The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
- And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
- Thrive Knowledge Base Developer Resources
- Thrive Theme Demos: The Thrive Theme Demos section is a link to the demo pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership exclusive, but merely a quick way of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard. If you’re thinking of switching themes or want to check out a particular feature, then it’s a useful place to try things out.
- Webinar Recordings: From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you use a Thrive product to its full potential. The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars: Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes: And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and insider tips from their marketing team.
- Thrive Products Change Log: Thrive are continually adding new enhancements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme update available notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is available. The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes:
The Support Forum is an excellent place to track any issues as well as those reported by other customers.
The forum divides into 5 sections:
- General Discussion – For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins – For plugin related issues
- Showcase – For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes – For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support – For administration requests
Unfortunately, customers don’t always use the right section to submit their requests. A smarter support software tool would force a user to select the correct category when logging an issue.
So, there’s room for improvement in the reporting software.
But when it comes to answering support questions, then the Thrive support team provide an excellent service level. They update the ticket conversations promptly and clearly.
What Is The Price Of Thrive Themes Membership
Whenever you decide to purchase your Thrive Membership, you lock in your subscription price for life. That’s a great incentive to ‘buy now’ because Thrive is always adding new products to the range. For example, in 2016 alone, the company released three new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership – $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership – $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the current and future products, plus enhancements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Note: If you decide to buy individual products now and want to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership package offers the best value for money for a business of any size. You will save a lot of money compared to buying their themes and plugins individually.
But it’s not just the Thrive Themes pricing that is attractive.
Thrive have developed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate.
It gives you vital access to all the relevant information, from tutorials to licenses.
We have found no weak links in the Thrive product suite. All of the Thrive themes and Thrive plugins are developed to the highest standard and continually updated.
Thrive Themes Pros
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base
- Complete range of product video tutorials
- Advanced tutorials and additional webinars
- Continued support after initial warranty period
- Access to all current plugins and themes, + any future products
- Locked in price when you join the membership program, especially good as more products are added
Thrive Themes Cons
- Training and education links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive (ie it is open to the general public)
- The Support Forum does not categorize requests well
- Can be expensive if you have a limited budget
Thrive Themes Membership Packages
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership packages are great value for money. The level of customer support and documentation is extremely good.